Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Banana Cake



Homemade banana cake 

My favorite thing to make with overripe bananas are banana pancakes. I like them so much that whenever we have plain pancakes, I feel like they're missing something. Last night, I made from scratch a banana cake with pecans in the batter and also on top of the whipped cream cream cheese frosting. I really prefer homemade cakes because they taste so much better than the store bought ones. 

Every time we make a cake, Kristian thinks of them as birthday cakes. We put a candle in the middle, sing the birthday song, and he blows out a candle. Kristian called this cake, Daddy's birthday cake, and he's actually close, since Daddy's birthday is in a few months! 


Kristian and Kai 

Eating his slice of cake

I'm helping Kai with some of her paperwork from school.

Kristian playing around while Daddy takes pictures. 
He also kept going back and forth to Daddy asking "can I see?" with every picture that was taken. 
Drawing is a favorite hobby.





No comments:

Post a Comment