So yesterday when I made breakfast, much to Kristian's disappointment, we had no bacon. Bacon is one of his favorite things to eat, but I only make it for breakfast during the weekend. I did have Spam in the cupboard, so I made that instead. --Since our return from our trip home to Virginia a couple months ago, somehow Kristian just gradually lost his phase of being an extremely picky eater!-- I told Kristian to take a small bite to try it, and he liked it! He said it tasted kind of like bacon. This morning, I had leftovers, so he had a little bit for breakfast. Now, he's eating a few slices for lunch. When it comes to meat, he'll eat breakfast sausage, bratwursts, hot dogs, chicken, turkey, pork, but not so much beef or fish that isn't fish sticks. Fish sticks are one of his favorites. Although, he will pick at calamari and eat clam strips.
If only it were as easy for him to enjoy eating more fruits and vegetables! He does try to be more like his Até Kai though, when it comes to eating baby carrots. Today when I picked him up from pre-k, he told me that he ate apples for breakfast (this school district provides free breakfast for all of their students) even though he never used to like them!
P.S. He still drinks a lot of milk and if we're out, his preference is water, filtered water, not this yucky tasting San Angelo water.

No comments:
Post a Comment