Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cloth Diapers

Kristian in Ocean Blue Thirsties Diaper Cover

February 21, 2011 - On Presidents' Day, we did a lot of driving. Kailani had school and not long after dropping her off we brought the Onkyo Home Theater receiver to Lincoln, NE to be serviced. Luckily, Kristian stayed asleep for the two hours it took us to get there. Later in the afternoon, Chris sold his Star Wars Lego sets to a local buyer from craigslist.com. After we picked up Kailani, we went straight to Bennington, NE which is about a 45 minute drive just bordering Omaha. I bought a blue set of Thirsties Diaper covers 


as well as these white ones:


Since Kristian is now two years old and seems keen on his bowels, I figured a switch to cloth diapers might actually aid him on his way to full-blown potty training. I started using these Diaper covers with cotton diaper inserts on Kristian right away and it's apparent that he notices much more quickly when he has wet his diaper! Sometimes, he will unstrap the diaper himself and remove the whole thing and walk around free and bottomless!!! I'm still yet to get him comfortable sitting and actually using the potty, but I'm sure the time will come. At least for now, he's uncomfortable with a wet diaper. =) 

Kristian sitting in front of the TV with his cloth diaper and diaper cover.

Now to fully transition into cloth diapering, I need to figure out what to do in public with them and for the overnight. We put on the disposable for the overnight, but today during Kristian's nap he wore the diaper cover and didn't leak! I think I will need to invest in a wet bag for public venturing. We'll see how all will turn out for this beginning stage of potty training..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute. Don't forget to save those diapers for Adelina. Love, Nina

Post a Comment