My daylilies when they first started blooming in late June!
Also, an oak tree seedling that was on the side of the house.
We're still trying to figure out what to do with it!
July 7, 2011 - It's the middle of summer and we've watched the ajuga and irises bloom and grow. Now, it's time for the red, fiery orange daylilies!
I can't thank you enough Mom for teaching me a little bit about gardening!! I have such an appreciation now for my flowers, ground cover, and trees (although the oak tree in the back is a lot of work) that I will miss them all very much when we move on to our next duty station! The next tenant to live here will be very pleased to have a pretty yard--that is if they keep up with the yard work!
Rose Coreopsis aka "American Dream"
My orchid from Mother's Day is still very much alive and blooming, but my tomato and eggplant are trying to survive. I placed them in the backyard and I think that the shade from the oak tree isn't giving them enough sunlight. I'm also not sure if my cilantro survived when the pot tipped over, but I decided to replant it along other cilantro and onions. We'll see how that goes..



2 comments:
Nice!! I remember when you first moved in and it was so bare. It's so full of life now, how pretty =)
Thanks Elaine! I'm pretty happy about our yard's transformation! =)
Post a Comment