Friday, July 27, 2012

Sand Storms

Looking into the sky above our roof

Two weeks ago, I was making dinner and noticed that the sky and wind looked thick with sand. I went outside to check and it was a sand storm. First one we've experienced since we moved here. I stayed out long enough to take these pictures, then went inside.

Looking down the left side of our street

Right side

Above our house

Earlier this week, we were walking into a building for Kristian's speech therapy appointment and a sand storm began before we reached the door. It was so uncomfortable and we tried our best to shield the kids. I put my sunglasses on to block my eyes from the dirt, but I ingested a lot of sand. My throat was dry and scratchy once we came inside. We were only outside a couple of minutes. I think I need to have bandanas on hand to cover our noses and mouths!

No comments:

Post a Comment